Abraham Castillo
Abraham Castillo

Abraham Castillo is an international exchange student from Manchester Metropolitan University. He is a senior majoring in International Global Studies with a concentration in Development & Affairs, and a minor in History and Political Science.

IPC: Why did you choose to come to UNCG?
AC: Because of the Global Engagement UNCG has to offer. I always knew if I was going to UNCG , that I would study anything in relation to international studies.

IPC: What is the best part of studying at UNCG?
AC: I love the sense of awareness & access to resources. There is more to Greensboro than what people think, and I have been honoured to study here where I know I have access to helpful resources such as the International Programs Center.

IPC: What is the most impactful lesson you’ve learned from studying in a new country?
AC: The world is your canvas and it’s how you paint the things that you see. Put all of your stereotypes out the window before you travel and treat the country like your new home before you even arrive. I’ve learned that being in the UK still has culture shock even though I speak English, but from living in the States I’ve learned so much more from the diverse group of people I’ve met here, and I couldn’t be prouder of studying in such culture mosaic that is the US.