Jan Gaydoul
Jan Gaydoul

Jan Gaydoul is an international student from the University of Mannheim in Germany. He is a junior majoring in Political Science with a minor in Economics.

IPC: Why did you choose to come to UNCG?
JG: I wanted to go to North Carolina, because it offers great opportunities for outdoor activities, including beaches as well as mountains. Also, it is a very good starting point to travel, be it up north the East Coast or south toward Florida. I then decided for UNCG because of its good academic reputation, the university spirit including the athlete teams and the positive reviews of former exchange students.

IPC: What do you enjoy most about studying at UNCG?
JG: I really enjoy the university spirit including living on campus and supporting the athletes. There is nothing similar in Germany, what makes studying here a completely different experience. I also really enjoy spending time on campus, e.g. in the Caf or Kaplan Center.

IPC: What advice do you have for students who want to study here?
JG: Use all the opportunities UNCG offers you and do as much extracurricular activities as possible! Go an a trip with Outdoor Activities. Work out at Kaplan. Support the athletes. Build new friendships. Eat ice cream at Yum Yum! And much more …