As part of the celebration of International Education Week (I.E.W.) at U.N.C.G., I.P.C. invites the following members to submit photos for this year’s photo contest:
- Current international students.
- Returning study abroad students.
- U.N.C.G. faculty and staff.
Three finalists in each category will be selected to move on to the voting round during the week leading up to I.E.W. to be viewed and voted on by the entire campus. The photos are intended to showcase how the photographer has become immersed in the experiences and culture of another country.
For any questions, please contact Stephanie Guzman, International Programming Coordinator at I.P.C. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the International Photo Contest
The International Photo Contest is an annual event that takes place during the Fall semester. The contest opens for submissions in October (dates to be announced), and winning photos will be announced during International Education Week.
This contest is open to:
- All current UNCG students who studied abroad through a UNCG program during the 2017–2018 academic year (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, or Summer 2018).
- Any international degree-seeking or exchange students.
- Faculty members who have participated in international travels affiliated with U.N.C.G. (i.e., faculty-led programs, international conferences, etc.).
The finalist photos will be displayed in the E.U.C. during International Education Week, and may also be featured on our website and in future promotions and publications.
- For returning study abroad students:
- Spartan Spirit (best pic wearing your U.N.C.G. garb).
- As Far as the Eye Can Sea (Cityscapes, Landscapes, and Seascapes).
- Capturing Culture (People and Culture): photos that capture what it’s like participating in local traditions or partaking in the culture in some way.
- For international students:
- Home Away From Home (U.N.C.G. and Greensboro).
- Roadtrip U.S.A. (travels around the U.S.).
- For faculty and staff:
- Blue & Gold Travels (faculty and staff on UNCG-sponsored visits)
Ready to Submit Your Photos?
- You must be the owner of all photos submitted.
- Every photo needs to include a short, descriptive caption.
- Avoid inappropriate subject matter such as drinking, swearing, nudity or any unlawful behavior.
- Photo submissions cannot be featured in other promotional campaigns or violate privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- Please remember that you are a visitor in your host country and ensure the photos you submit are respectful to the people and culture.
Each photo should be labeled accordingly when uploading:
- Photos must be submitted in a common image format such as a JPG, PNG, etc.
- Photos submitted must be the highest resolution available to you, ideally 300 DPI.
- Lastly, please submit photos that are of you in the location in which you studied abroad or of the location in which you studied abroad (not from other travels outside of the program itinerary).
Photos will be judged based on how well they meet the following criteria:
- Photo quality and resolution (no filtered Instagram photos please!)
- Content and composition
- Appropriateness to theme/category