Your one-stop shop for all things international at UNCG!
The purpose of the International Programs Center (IPC) is to coordinate and develop the University’s international activities to help ensure that the University achieves its international goals. IPC is comprised of Study Abroad and Exchanges and International Student and Scholar Services. The office also serves as the liaison for the INTERLINK Language Center.
To learn more about our efforts at IPC, check out our highlights.
Vision: Global Leaders and Learners
IPC is committed to making UNCG a global university integrating intercultural and international experiences and perspectives into learning, discovery, and service for UNCG and the wider community. Through our programs and services, IPC provides critical support to building Global Connections, one of the three areas of focus in UNCG’s Strategic Plan.
Mission: Global Connections
IPC’s mission is to provide campus-wide leadership in the development and enhancement of international programs. IPC provides strategic focus and coordination of all programs designed to promote internationalization as one of UNCG’s three areas of strategic importance. IPC is committed to assisting students, faculty, and staff integrate knowledge and develop skills to be effective world citizens in a global economy and intercultural society. The IPC:
- Provides cost-effective transformational exchange and study abroad programs to all UNCG students, including those in the Lloyd International Honors College.
- Attracts, admits and retains a highly qualified diverse international student body.
- Offers exceptional services, information, assistance, guidance, and support to all international students and scholars coming to UNCG
- Serves as home to UNCG’s Global Engagement Quality Enhancement Plan, a critical component of the University’s Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accreditation requirement, and is responsible for guiding its implementation.
- Assists faculty, academic units, and the institution as a whole to secure internal and external funding for international projects.
- Develops, maintains, and supports programs of outreach to local schools, businesses, and cultural groups throughout the community.