Your one-stop shop for all things international at U.N.C.G.!
The purpose of the International Programs Center (I.P.C.) is to coordinate and develop the University’s international activities to help ensure that the University achieves its international goals. I.P.C. is comprised of Study Abroad and Exchanges and International Admissions and Retention, while also housing the Global Engagement Office (responsible for U.N.C.G.’s Quality Enhancement Plan). The office also serves as the liaison for the INTERLINK Language Center and is the central administration unit for the U.N.C. International Recruiting Consortium (U.N.C. I.R.C.).
To learn more about our efforts at I.P.C., check out our highlights.
Vision: Global Leaders and Learners
I.P.C. is committed to making U.N.C.G. a global university integrating intercultural and international experiences and perspectives into learning, discovery, and service for U.N.C.G. and the wider community. Through our programs and services, I.P.C. provides critical support to building Global Connections, one of the three areas of focus in U.N.C.G.’s Strategic Plan.
Mission: Global Connections
I.P.C.’s mission is to provide campus-wide leadership in the development and enhancement of international programs. I.P.C. provides strategic focus and coordination of all programs designed to promote internationalization as one of U.N.C.G.’s three areas of strategic importance. I.P.C. is committed to assisting students, faculty, and staff integrate knowledge and develop skills to be effective world citizens in a global economy and intercultural society. The I.P.C.:
- Provides cost-effective transformational exchange and study abroad programs to all U.N.C.G. students, including those in the Lloyd International Honors College.
- Attracts, admits and retains a highly qualified diverse international student body.
- Offers exceptional services, information, assistance, guidance, and support to all international students and scholars coming to U.N.C.G.
- Serves as home to U.N.C.G.’s Global Engagement Quality Enhancement Plan, a critical component of the University’s Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (S.A.C.S.C.O.C.) accreditation requirement, and is responsible for guiding its implementation.
- Assists faculty, academic units, and the institution as a whole to secure internal and external funding for international projects.
- Develops, maintains, and supports programs of outreach to local schools, businesses, and cultural groups throughout the community.