U.N.C. Greensboro offers many resources and services to support students throughout their academic journeys. Below is a list of internal and external resources for students, with links to their web pages. We hope you will feel at home here and take advantage of these resources during your time at U.N.C.G. as needed.
- Academic Terminology: learn more about common terminology you will encounter across the University.
- Academic Support/Advising: Academic Advising for undergraduates at U.N.C.G. is coordinated within each of the University’s academic units. Exploratory Majors are advised by the Students First Office.
- U.N.C.G. Student Success Center: provides student support services, tutoring and academic skills program and supplemental instruction.
- University Speaking Center: helps speakers further develop their oral communication confidence and competence and other support in the areas of public speaking preparation and delivery, interpersonal communication, and group or team communication.
- University Writing Center: provides assistance for a variety of writing issues, from developing thesis statements and organization to citation styles and last-minute polishing.
- Other Academic Resources: learn more about the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS), Math Help Center, Language Tutoring and University Libraries.
- Student Health Center: provides counseling and medical support, along with immunizations and insurance information.
- Office of Intercultural Engagement: delivers co-curricular programs to bring students together for the purpose of deepening and broadening awareness, knowledge and skill around identity and culture by collaborating with various campus and community partners to complement and advance institutional goals for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Dean of Students: assists any student who may be experiencing transition, academic or personal difficulty as well as any crisis or emergency situation.
- Campus Violence Resource Center: provides crisis response, advocacy, counseling, and coordination with on- and off-campus services for any U.N.C.G. community member impacted by sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, sexual or gender-based harassment, and all other forms of campus violence.
- Vacc Counseling and Consulting Clinic: offers individual and group counseling, as well as career assessments and career counseling.
Other Campus Resources
- Career Services: can help you develop your resume and cover letters, and search and apply for jobs or internships.
- Cashier’s and Student Accounts Office: where you can pay your tuition bill.
- Registrar’s Office: can help you add and drop classes, and provide you with a transcript.
- Resources via the U.N.C.G. Students First Office: serves as an academic one-stop shop for assisting students with academic advising, academic recovery, academic transition, appeals, and graduation planning. Additionally, the office is the centralized academic advising center for all exploratory (undecided) students at U.N.C.G.
- U.N.C.G. Police Department: a community resource that cares about your safety and security.
- Social Security Information
- Websites of U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions: a listing of U.S. embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions throughout the world.
- Study in the States: information regarding the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international F-1 student.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement: information pertaining to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to track and monitor schools and programs, students, exchange visitors and their dependents throughout the duration of approved participation within the U.S. education system.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: information regarding forms to apply for employment and change of status. It will also provide you with general information regarding U.S. immigration policies.
- Western Union Business Solutions: a service that allows you to transfer money from your home bank account to a U.S. account. For troubleshooting, please refer to this guide.